Monday, December 28, 2015

Chocolate Avocado Ice Cream

Someone has correctly said Coconut and Avocado are Godly fruits!

When I realized creamy avocado could be used to make Ice cream I could resonate with that :D. The amazing variety of things you can do with these two fruits! Not to mention their countless health benefits puts them right on the top! (FRUIT WARS !! :P)



Believe me if you have this ice cream you will have the same opinion. I've made this recipe mainly using Jaggery but also used a bit of sugar. Reason being I dint want to use much sugar. Jaggery though can be used to sweeten dishes has a very distinctive flavor thus I feel cannot completely substitute sugar in every dish.

I found the original recipe on http://jessicainthekitchen.com and have modified it a bit to use other ingredients.



Ingredients

200 ML Full Fat Coconut Milk (I used KARA)
1 Medium size avocado Peeled and Pitted
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I used Hershey's)
1/2 cup crushed Jaggery
2 Tbs Sugar
1/2 cup water
1 Tbs Vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
Crushed Toasted Walnuts

Steps

1. Dissolve Jaggery in half cup warm water and let it cool down. This gives you a jaggery syrup.
2. Add avocado and coconut milk in mixer and blend till combined well
3. Add Jaggery Syrup, vanilla extract, salt and cocoa Powder and combine till mixed well.
4. Check for sweetness and add sugar if necessary as per taste. Blend well.
5. Place the mixture in a freezer safe container and allow to freeze for 3-4 hours. Midway take out your ice cream and pulse it a couple of times in a mixer. Freeze it again.
6. To eat thaw the ice cream for 5-10 minutes before scooping out.
7. Sprinkle with Toasted walnuts and Enjoy ! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment